Thanks to Carmen’s advice, my best buddy in Basel. It is so good to have someone who have the same mother tongue and with similar cultural background. I told her about my headache and she said her mom had always made her Ginger, Lemon and Honey Tea. I have not thought of it. I had honey with lemon (sore throat) or lemon with hot coke or hot ginger coke (for common cold) but the the three ingredients she described. Luckily I have all these three ingredients at home, so I made one right away.
It is very tasty, much better than plain water, I never like drinking plain water as it is tasteless. I went on and drank 2 cups within a short interval. It is really easy to make:
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Grate the ginger.
- Boil water, put the grated ginger in a small sieve and place on top of a cup.
- Pour boiling water over the ginger.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and lastly add the honey.
- Stir and drink while it is hot.
- The ginger can be reused for one more cup.
- If you prefer, you can also boil the ginger with water for 10-15 mins instead of the above method, either way it works.
- Chinese believes that Ginger is good for removing wind in the head.