I have not made this Vietnamese dish for a long time, I spontaneously wanted to make it again a few weeks ago. I think this is a great dish for summer.
- 4 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 large stalks fresh lemongrass, use the tender inner white bulbs only, sliced
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 1& 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 kg boneless pork loin, sliced into roughly 2 cm, and tenderize with a meat tenderizer or back of the knife blade
- Fresh limes cut into quarters
- Finely chop the garlic, lemongrass and shallots with a blender or zyliss chopper (Fig. 1)
- Mix the above into a paste together in a big bowl with the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, cooking oil and soy sauce (Fig. 2)
- Put the pork loin in the bowl, cover and let it marinade for at least an hour (or even overnight) in the fridge (Fig. 3)
- Coat the griddle pan with cooking oil and heat it up. Fry the pork loin on both sides until they are cooked (Fig. 4).
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice on the pork (Fig. 4) and serve with rice or rice noodles. (you can drizzle some soy sauce on top of the rice).
Note. This recipe is also ideal for outdoor BBQ especially if you would like to impress your guests.